Job no: 504359
Employment type Full time
Property / Office: Mandarin Oriental, Doha
Location: Doha, Qatar
Department: Supervisory, Housekeeping
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Doha
Mandarin Oriental, Doha is an intimate and stylish urban retreat, blending Qatari-influenced heritage with modern design. Located in the heart of Msheireb Downtown Doha, within walking distance to Souq Waqif, Museum of Islamic Art and a short distance to the business district, West Bay.
At Mandarin Oriental, Doha we welcome colleagues with the passion to deliver the best service and exceed our guest’s expectations.
- Inspect, check and release hotel rooms for arrivals in accordance with set MO standards
- Spot-check and monitor stayover rooms and vacant rooms in order to guarantee highest service standards at all time
- Be aware of any maintenance issues and report them accordingly in REX
- Have an overview of the daily occupancy, arrivals, departures, traces and important guests in house
- Create daily task sheets for room attendants with special projects and traces
- Ensure that sign in and out policy is followed
- Conduct daily briefings and trainings for room attendants
- Monitor stock in pantries and act accordingly if refill is needed
- Be aware of linen usage
- Coordinate with Front Office, Engineering and Housekeeping Coordinator at all times in order to guarantee timely released for arrivals
- Managing and overlook daily operation on assigned floors
- Be aware of any OOS/OOO rooms in your respective area
- Train, coach and motivate room attendants in order to achieve highest quality standards
- Be customer focused
- Always help the guests and anticipate their needs in advance
- Recognize preferences and communicate them accordingly
- Fulfil guest’ needs or communicate them to the concerned department
- Follow all MOQA, LQE, Forbes, QTA standards at all times
- Ensure that all reports, task sheets, etc., are filed accordingly
- Mature and outgoing personality with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand guest needs and expectations and to deliver superior customer service with little input from others
- Perform job with attention to details and the ability to organize and handle multiple tasks effectively
- Clear communication; effective verbal and written communication skills
- Degree or Higher National Diploma equivalent in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management is beneficial
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in a 5-star hotel environment.
- A minimum of 1 year of housekeeping experience on supervisory level
- Previous working experience in the Middle East is beneficial
- Strong housekeeping, chemical, linen and machinery knowledge is mandatory
- Able to work nights and holidays
If you are interested in joining our team apply today!
Advertised: 26 Mar 2019 Arab Standard Time